Cooley partner Shannon Eagan spoke on a panel discussion that reviewed the types of lawsuits that are hitting SPACs as well as how you can best position your company to avoid, or at least mitigate this litigation.
- Pre-close litigation beyond M&A challenge suits of the type filed against Lucid Motors
- The Akazoo settlement and what this means for future PIPE-related litigation
- The spike in post-business combination litigation against SPACs
- The evolution of non-indemnifiable fiduciary duty suit litigation
- SEC enforcement priorities
- Steps to take to mitigate litigation risk
Other presenters included Woodruff Sawyer’s Priya Huskins and Nasdaq’s Jeff Thomas as they discussed this rapidly evolving area of litigation.